Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Pain

Oflate, I have been contemplating about pain and karma. I have always believed that we are born in this earthly physical plane to endure pain, as a resultant of our bad karma performed in this or many previous births. I do not want to forget any of the painful incidents happened to me in this life, both physical and mental. Because I beleive that pain is a strong reminder of the fact that this life is going to be nothing but suffering for the entire humanity who are evolving, and that we should put a full stop to this birth/death cycle in this physical plane as early as possible and move on to higher planes for evolution, where there would be no pain at all. So Pain, contemplated this way would act as a thrust to do our sadhana with diligence and tenacity. In this context, I remember Kunti Devi asking for more suffering as a boon from Lord Krishna so that she could remember Him more. Instead of asking for more and more pain, if we remember the Pain we had suffered already, it will speeden up our evolution.
On a different note, I consider Time as a powerful weapon of Maya, whose nature is to slow down the evolution. Because Time makes us to forget the pain we had undergone and make us be the same person as before, performing similar karmas thus slowing down our evolution. Inspite of Time being a helper of Maya, we can make use of the present Time to do our sadhana, to purify our thoughts and evolve sooner.
I am also clear that I am not fearful of Pain, because Fear is one of the greatest obstacles in realising God. But I simply feel that my soul is not worth undergoing pain in this world since I have known that in God's drama, there are greater blissful and joyful experiences for the soul!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Padmaja said...

Spirituality is a challenge that we give to explore the Unknown to our unknown mind and naked senses.

I am really very happy to see you blogging after a real long time. I understand that the pain behind your blog. No doubt, there is a brainstorming happened in the self level. Please do keep contemplating and writing.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Prakashika said...

Dear Preethi,
Beautiful article!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home