Saturday, May 07, 2005

Scientific Miracles/Resurrection

It is a great mystery for all on earth about the life after death principle. Though majority of the people are apparently disinterested to know what happens after death, all the activities of their life, esp. for god fearing people, are mainly based on their assumption that their good deeds will harvest them with good/reasonably decent status after death. So they try to be good and do good to others, which in a way is good to the society. I also consider myself one among this abovesaid group, and more recently when I was going through an excellent book by name "Autobiography of a Yogi" (AY) of Shri Paramahansa Yogananda (PY), I was engrossed totally by the content and the spirit of the work.
I am interested to know about many ways of attaining the Supreme and in the course of my reading, this book caught my attention. I started reading this book very lightly but slowly the heaviness of the subject matter made me dumbfounded. PY is a saint of last century and the book deals with the spiritual richness of our country. I would many times ponder why India is talked high for its spiritualism, when I think of the present day fake/perverted lot of saints. But AY shattered all my doubts of the spiritual richness of the nation as it depicts in detail the many highly devoted, spiirtual souls stayed in India, the miracles they were able to perform because of the spiritual power they possessed and yet how humble they presented themselves before others, the scientific basis of performing miracles (Chapter 30: The Law of Miracles), the vast scope given to common people about their spiritual growth, and above all, the chapter (43) called Resurrection of Yukteshwar, elaborately explains what happens to the soul after death. One has to but admit the genuinity of the work while reading the chapter. It gives detail of each and every minute aspect of the astral world and the causal world, the lives there, lifespan, food, sleep, disease, growth, death etc.. etc.
The book is available free online at
http://www.crystalclarity.com/yogananda/.. Going through the entire book will definitely navigate your thoughts in the positive direction and also make you be proud of our spiritually rich mother land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home